Burda 7214 Pattern Review

A year ago I decided to sew myself a pair of capris.  But once I made it to the point where I actually could try them on I realized they were just going to be too small for me and I gave up and threw the in to the unfinished project basket.  My daughter is a good size smaller than me and has been looking for some tan skinny jeans so I decided to pull them out and finish them up for her. I don't know if she will ever wear them but she kindly modeled them for me.

I used a Burda Young pattern 7214. I can't even remember what size I sewed up it has been that long, but as you can the fit is slim through the thigh and sits low on the waist, but not too low.


This pattern comes with a ton of options.  You can choose different lengths, pockets, fly flaps and there are even instructions for adding zippers at the ankles.

I had some fun sewing in some stitching details on the pockets. The thread I used a hand quilting weight which I was surprised my machine handled just fine.

The waist is cut very generously and the seam in the back allows you to take in the waist just before you finish off the waistband. I made an error and realized the waistband was a little shy in the front when I went to finish it. So I pieced it with a little of the lining color instead of unpicking it all. A fun little detail I think.




I think they turned out really cute and I would make myself a pair except that I already cut out the pattern in the too small size.  Oh well, I have many other projects in my unfinished basket that I can pull out to work on instead. Happy sewing!

Make It and Love It

6 comments:

  1. I think you are amazing! Those pants turned out fantastic. They do not look like they were made at home. They look store bought. I am so jealous of your skills. Congrats on finishing the project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job on these pants. They really fit her well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job of all the top stitching and I loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh quilts and clothes! OK, I'm following. I've been working on finishing up some Burda patterns I started so long ago this month slowly, those turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally hope she wore these, they look great! I just finished making these and they didn't turn out half as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She totally didn't wear them. We ended up giving them away to a friend. Boo! I bet yours turned out great! Could you at least fit into them?

      Delete